Security & privacy
This policy relates only to the personal information management practices of MTC. This policy does not relate to personal information held about current or former employees of MTC.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect will depend on the reason for collection. Generally, the types of personal information we collect will include name, contact details and records of communications with us. In addition, we may collect personal information relating to:
- job applicants: employment and academic histories, the names of their referees and, in some cases, limited health information based on testing undertaken by or for us. We will collect this information directly, from organisations that provide recruitment related services to us, and from third parties who provide job applicants with professional or personal references;
We will also collect personal information, including names and contact details, about:
- people involved in or through organisations that we support or sponsor;
- our suppliers. This information is collected for business-related purposes but contains some limited personal information contact details of the people that we deal with; and
- people who correspond with us, including through our website, in which case we may keep a copy of that correspondence and relevant contact details.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites and recommend that you review their privacy policies.
How we collect and hold personal information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect personal information directly when people correspond or register details with us, enter into arrangements with us, or provide feedback to us. Depending on the nature of our interaction, we may collect personal information from third parties – for instance, information regarding job applicants is collected in the manner set out above.
We may hold personal information electronically and, in some cases, hard copy form, both at our own secure premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access by ensuring that this information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities and that information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
Why we collect, hold and use personal information
We may use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services), or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way, or in other limited circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. We collect, hold and use personal information to:
- communicate with, and comply with our legal obligations;
- enable third party service providers to provide us with services such as information technology, auditing, legal advice, printing and mailing services;
- correspond with people who have contacted us, and deal with feedback; provide services to, and manage, our related companies; correspond with people regarding our corporate sponsorships;
- recruit and assess potential employees; and maintain and update our records.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or we have obtained consent to do so. We may disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way. Also, we are permitted to disclose personal information in circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
We take steps to ensure that our service providers are obliged to protect the privacy and security of personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
We do not use cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas in which information may be stored.
Motor Trades Care
Suite 1, Level 5, 157 Gloucester St, SYDNEY, NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 006 826